This position is for a Staff Scientist at our Oakland, CA laboratory. This role will focus on development and validation of genomic assays for diagnosis of reproductive pathologies, including identification of novel or emerging technologies that could be leveraged into a diverse development pipeline in women’s health. Experience in rare cell isolation is highly desirable. This could include tumor biology, T-cell isolation and phenotyping, or other rare cell isolation applications. Knowledge of working with real clinical samples opposed to cell-culture is highly desired for assay optimization. Diagnostic experience with either IVD or CLIA assay development pathways is highly desired.
Staff Scientist – Diagnostic Development – OAKLAND, CA
Posted 7 months ago
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on testing, validating, and optimizing genomic technologies including next generation sequencing and digital PCR with focus on reproducibility and repeatability.
- Troubleshooting laboratory assays and protocols
- Creating and optimizing new lab techniques for rare cell isolation, genomic and clinical chemistry assays, as well as improving upon existing protocols for clinical sample processing and cell stabilization.
- Improving upon existing laboratory workstreams to improve purity and yield of cell isolates for downstream genomic analysis.
- Managing collaborations and workstreams, including lab technicians associated with projects in the lab around rare cell isolation
A master’s or PhD degree or equivalent work experience is required. This could be a master’s degree with many years (5+ working on field relevant research, or a PhD with 1 or 2 years post-doctoral work or industry experience. Preferred candidates will have a strong understanding of molecular diagnostics including emerging diagnostic techniques such as rare cell isolation and genomics. Industry experience and a passion for women’s health is highly desired.