This Policy does not cover information we may collect through our clinical trials or beta testing, which are governed by separate terms and agreements.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, and phone number;
- The content of any communications that you send to us;
- Information described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent; and
- Credit card information and mailing address if you purchase NextGen Jane gear.
In addition, we automatically collect basic technical information from all visitors to the Site. We collect technical information during your visit to the Site through our automatic data collection tools, which may include cookies and other similar technologies. Please see “Cookies and other similar technologies” below for additional detail about the information we collect through cookies and other commonly used technologies.
If you want to sign up to become a beta tester, please read the associated terms at nextgenjane.com/database/terms.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small bits of code that are stored by your computer’s Web browser and that may automatically identify your browser to the Site whenever your computer is used to visit the Site. Depending on your jurisdiction, some applicable privacy laws may treat certain kinds of cookies, pixels, etc. as personal information.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Site;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Site;
- • Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- • Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- operate and improve our Site, products, information, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, products, and services;
- process employment applications;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products, information, and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by NextGen Jane and our selected partners;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Site, fulfill orders, process credit card payments, provide products and services, manage databases; perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Other Parties: We may share information with third parties for business purposes subject to applicable data protection laws.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Site. For example, like many website operators, we may use Google Analytics to learn more about how visitors interact with our Site. You understand that when you use the Site, these analytics providers may collect information related to your use of the Site.
If you sign up for our newsletters, we may periodically send you e-mails to provide information about our products, relevant scientific or clinical developments, company events, and other related information. If applicable law requires it, we will obtain your consent before sending such emails. If you wish to stop receiving all communications or only certain types of communications from us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of security or method of transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You should always use caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Site is directed to a general audience. The Site does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a user under 13, we will promptly delete personal information collected from that user.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to countries located outside your country or region, including to countries that may not provide a similar or adequate level of protection to that provided by your country or region. For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we may transfer your personal information to the United States or other countries located outside the EEA.
For the transfer of personal information from the EEA to any countries not recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards we will ensure that appropriate transfer mechanisms are in place as required by law. This may include data transfer agreements or standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For California residents only.
Shine the Light Act.
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request and obtain information about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. NextGen Jane does not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
NextGen Jane welcomes your comments or questions regarding this Policy. Please e-mail us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website